Sunday, May 2, 2010

Food Revolution in the Hauser House!

So, by now if you all haven't seen Food, Inc. I have to tell you it's a MUST. Whether you want to believe it or not, the things that happen to our food before it gets to the store is appaling!!! Some people just refuse to ignore what is going on when in reality it's affecting our health. People say ignorance is bliss but I think knowledge is power.

Yes, I know that organic food is expensive for some us. Just this weekend I went to Trader Joe's and for a whole chicken it was $12 (gasp!)!! However, I think that the more we purchase and voice our opinion (even organic farmers have stated this) the prices will go down. While at the same time some products are cheaper or the same price. For example, I was able to purchase some organic soy milk (trader joes brand) for the same price at the commissarry $3.49. It's so hard to find organic food here in Fayetteville, the commissary is NO help at all what so ever. They only provide a handful of organic products like cereal fo the kids, which is great cause I swear my kids go through 2 boxes a cereal a week. My military wives friends we need to hound the the commissary, ASAP and make them bring in more organic food! Who's with me?????

I do have to mention that I have a a tiny crush on Jamie Oliver ever since watching Food Revolution. Did any of you see it??? If you haven't and you have children in school, please, please, please what it the things they are feeding our children at school is so disgusting! All to save a few bucks. Tell your PTA or your local school board to change the menu, I now know why Alex takes his lunch to school everyday. Don't forget you can also sign a petition to help better our kids school luches here is the website:

Also don't forget to watch Food, Inc. it will really educate you on what happens to your food before it gets to the dinner table. Remember to think about buying organic food, small changes make a huge difference. We have bought milk, eggs, cereal, bread, and other little thinks that are organic.

No comments: